Divya Victor is a Tamil American poet and professor, known for her poetry book Curb which won the PEN Open Book Award.
Early life and education
Divya Victor was brought into the world in Nagercoil, India. Victor procured her B.S. in English from Towson College, her M.A. in Exploratory writing (Verse) from Sanctuary College, and her Ph.D. in English at College at Bison (SUNY). Victor has instructed at the College at Bison (SUNY) and Nanyang Mechanical College, which has Singapore’s originally Exceptional Exploratory writing Project. She has likewise filled in as the manager for Jacket2. She is at present situated in East Lansing and is an Academic administrator at Michigan State College.
Awards and recognition
Victor’s Check, won the PEN America Open Book Grant and the Kingsley Tufts Verse Grant. Her prior book, Normal Subjects, won the Sway Kaufman Grant. In 2012 she won the Imprint Precious stone Exploration Asset Grant from the College at Bison. She has been a Riverrun Individual at College of California San Diego’s File for New Verse, and an Essayist in Home at the Los Angeles Contemporary Display (L.A.C.E.). MoCA Los Angeles, The Public Exhibition of Singapore, the L.A.C.E. what’s more, the MoMA have performed or introduced her work.
Public Book Pundits Circle Board part Diego Báez has depicted Victor as a “universally disapproved, privately established, extremely splendid writer.” Mandana Chaffa, a Public Book Pundits Circle Individual, portrays her work as “a strong political demonstration” that is “yet it is as a matter of some importance a lovely demonstration, one that isn’t to be missed.” Her book Control has been depicted by Cathy Park Hong as “Layered, rich, and legendary… unbelievable assortment that should be perused and yet again read.” Wear Mee Choi referred to it as “imaginative… a strong spell against domain’s geology.” Pen America’s appointed authorities reference for the Pen American Open Book Grant portrays Check as “a noteworthy book of verse… a dazzling verifiable record” and “splendidly creative.”
Amitava Kumar, the Indian author and writer, has commented that Victor’s Kith portrays “so well our locked predeterminations and, simultaneously, maybe due to their mind, or imperativeness, or empathy, convey us into freed zones of increased awareness.”
- Curb, Nightboat Books. 2021.
- Kith, Fence Books. 2017.
- Unsub, Insert Blanc. Los Angeles. 2015.
- Natural Subjects, Trembling Pillow. 2014.
- Things to Do with Your Mouth, Les Figues 2013.
Chapbooks and other short-form publications
- Scheingleichheit (German edition). de:Merve Verlag. 2020.
- Semblance (English edition). Sputnik and Fizzle Book. 2016.
- Reconfiliating: Conversations with Conceptual-Affiliated Writers. With an Afterword by Joseph Mosconi. Essay Press. 2015.
- Swift Taxidermies 1919-1922, Gauss PDF. 2014.
- Say Hello to Your Last Chapbook, with Mathias Svalina, New Lights Press. 2014.
- Partial Derivative of the Unnamable, Troll Thread. 2012.
- Goodbye, John! On John Baldessari, Gauss PDF. 2012.
- Punch, Gauss PDF. 2011.
- Partial Dictionary of the Unnamable, Troll Thread. 2011.
- Partial Directory of the Unnamable, Troll Thread. 2011.
- Hellocasts by Charles Reznikoff by Divya Victor by Vanessa Place, Ood Press. 2010.
- Sutures, Little Red Leaves. 2009.