Prasantt Ghosh was born on 21 September 1975 and grew up in Guwahati, Assam. He studied fashion designing from the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT). Ghosh started his career by opening a fashion designing institute in Assam called Assam Art and Designing Institute (AADI) and launched his fashion label named Prasantt Ghosh in 1996. By the year 1999, Prasantt started doing fashion week and many other government fashion events. In 2011, he won the ‘Best Fashion Choreographer Award in Northeast’.
Awards and recognition
- 2011: Awarded the ‘Best Fashion Choreographer of Northeast’
- 2015: Received the ‘Northeast Leadership Award’ for his excellent service in the field of fashion, textile, and craftsmanship
- 2016: Awarded the ‘North East Leadership Award in 2016’ along with Arnab Goswami and Zubeen Garg by the Cine Trust of India
- 2017: Selected to Style & Design the prestigious ‘the Supermodel International’ in New Delhi
- 2018: Won ‘Lifetime achievement award’ from the wife of the Governor of Assam