Oliver Sean (conceived Oliver Sean Alvares; 11 October 1979) is an English vocalist lyricist, situated in Leicester. His kind of music is known for its Americana impact with acoustic stone, world and contemporary hints.
Brought up in Goa, India, Sean has lived the majority of his grown-up life abroad, including Dubai and the UK. His mixed worldwide music style is the brand name for his image. It’s ascribed to his blended Portuguese and Goan Lineage. Sean’s discography with WOA International began in 1999 with his single “There She Is Again” at 19 years old, having recorded it three years sooner.
As an arranger, record maker and producer Sean’s creations have been communicated on International channels including MTV and Vh1and has had a few No.1 outline postings and significant top 10 diagram rankings around the world. A portion of the features of his acknowledgment has been Nomination for the MTV Europe Music Awards 2012, hitting the Billboard Top 10 at number 6 on the World Digital Song Sales Charts in 2019 and hitting #8 on the Billboard Blues Album Charts with his collection ‘Demon is Back’ in August 2020. A similar collection likewise made it into the Official UK Album Charts Official Chart Company at No.52 on the Official UK Album Download Charts. This prompted the Artist hitting the Billboard Artist Charts coming in at #6 in October 2020 . Sean got his fourth Billboard Chart with his 2021 collection Garage Sessions, Vol.1, which hit the Blues Album Charts in August 2021
He is an individual from the Recording Academy and a democratic part for the Grammy Awards.
Life and career
Oliver Sean experienced childhood in Goa, India. His mom is Goan Portuguese and his dad is American. He was brought into the world to a gifted family as each of his uncles were artists. He began to compose tunes when he was 11 years of age and had a band at school. At 13 years old, Sean transformed into an expert and played for weddings in his uncle’s band. Oliver Sean’s profession was sent off in his teenagers. Whenever he was 17, he shaped his own band called Cloud 9.
Breakthrough years (1999-2004)
Sean’s breakthrough is traced back to 1999 when his discography with W.O.A. Entertainment began, featuring the single “There She Is Again”. His debut album was I Like It. This album was nominated for ‘International Album of the Year’ by AVMax in 2003/04. Also, one of the key moments was in the UK, when a studio head secured him a spot on Showcase TV that was aired on Sky/Granada TV.
Musical career (2005-2010)
In 2006, Sean was associated with composing music for the French Government for the travel industry mission of the Massif Region and official melody for the Goa Floats at the India Republic Day Parade that won the top distinctions in 2006. In 2008, Sean emerged with his second studio collection called Darna Chod Do. The name of this collection comes from Goan road shoptalk.
So Good and All I Remember (2011-2012)
Sean’s third studio collection So Good (2011) hit the Vh1 Top 10 for his single “Films” from the collection on 4 June 2011, Featured collection spot at the Virgin Megastores in Dubai, a Vh1 Specials highlight in India and the MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 designation in the MTV EMA Best India/Worldwide Act classification. Sean delivered an Americana single named “All I Remember” in 2012. It was delivered in the US all the while declaring his most memorable significant US Tour. The music video for “All I Remember” was an included video on Vh1 India’s music channel and proceeded to hit the No.1 Spot on the Artist Aloud Charts (India Today Group). Sean made his presentation in movie music as a music chief when he created the Soundtrack for a well known Bollywood International film Cutting Chai delivered in 2012.
Christmas and Animal Welfare (2013-2015)
Making a foray into holiday music Sean recorded his version of the Charles Brown hit “Please Come Home for Christmas” in 2013 followed by his Christmas EP Unplugged Christmas releasing shortly thereafter. In February 2015 Oliver Sean released a live and unplugged EP titled Bootleg Recordings Vol.1 dedicated towards animal welfare and followed that up with the Stripped Down Summer Tour across New York, Costa Rica and England.
Focus on world and film music (2016-2018)
Going deeper into world and film music in 2017, Sean composed the title track to a Goan (Konkani) feature film titled Devachem Planning. The singer’s 4th studio album Devil in Blue Jeans was released on 31 August 2017.
The album was on the iTunes bestselling preorders list in the UK and two music videos/singles, New York and First Move, from the album are currently on rotation on Vh1 India/International, 9XO and RTP International. The third single from the album, “Walk Up and Kiss You”, was selected by NARAS (National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences) for the 61st Grammy Awards Nomination Ballots in Best American Roots Song and Best American Roots Performance categories. The single went on to hit No. 1 on the iTunes top 100 singles chart and iTunes Rock Chart. and the Devil in Blue Jeans album hit No. 2 on the iTunes Rock Album Chart and No. 14 on the iTunes Top 100 album chart.
At the Fall 2018 International Independent Film Awards Sean’s single New York won Gold in the Best Music Video and Best Original Song categories.
Doing That and The Real Indie Project (2019 – 2020 )
Keeping with his world beat roots the singer songwriter released his single Doing That (Time, Love, Happiness) on 1 February 2019. The song hit No. 1 on iTunes in the US, Canada and Turkey and a No. 2 on iTunes UK. The single then went on to hit the official Billboard Charts, coming in at No. 6 on the world digital song sales charts, for the Week of 1 June 2019, with the Doing That (Time. Love. Happiness) single.
The artist was nominated for the 2020 Golden Fox Film Award, Best Music Video Category, as Director, for “Doing That (Time. Love. Happiness)”.
Sean won Best Music Video and Original Song for ‘Doing That (Time. Love. Happiness) at the 2021 Swedish International Film Festival
Sean joined forces with several high-profile indie musicians in 2019 to form a new musical project titled ‘The Real Indie Project’. The singer songwriter and the musicians from his Real Indie Project released a new version of the Legendary William Bell single “Everyday will be like a holiday” as their first official single, in time to celebrate the holidays.
Sean’s album Devil is Back feat RIP (Real Indie Project) was released on 14 Aug and hit No.1 on the iTunes Blues Album charts. The album went on to hit the Official UK Album Download Chart Official Chart Company for the week of 21–27 August 2020 breaking into the top 50’s at No. 52. The album broke into the Billboard Blues Album Chart at #8 for the week of 29 August 2020.
The Garage Sessions (2020 – Present Day )
In the midst of the pandemic Sean started streaming his live performances from his home and studio, for fans around the world to watch and connect with the artist one on one. This was called Garage Sessions, which garnered interest from fans and media around the world. The success of the livestreaming led to Sean recording an album that captured the feel of his weekly Garage Sessions livestream performance. The Garage Sessions, Vol.1 Album was released on 23 July. The album hit the Billboard Blues Album charts at #14 on 3 August 2021.
Sean got his first Christmas Number 1 in the UK on the Blues Charts in 2021, with his version of Everyday Will be like a Holiday.
Blues Dance (Worldbeat), which was released during the same time as the Garage Sessions Vol. 1 album went on to hit #1 in the US and the UK simultaneously on the iTunes Easy Listening charts, at the start on 2022.
Sean has produced both his own and various international artists’ music videos and hosts his own weekly radio show and podcast WOAFM99.
Awards and achievements
- AVMax International Album of the Year Nominee 2003
- MTV Super Select – I Like It, 2004
- MTV Most Wanted – I Like It, 2004
- B4U International TV Special – Live TV Concert, 2006
- Headiner at International Film Festival of India (IFFI) – 2006
- MTV Exclusive – Darna Chod Do, Music Video, 2008
- Zee TV Special TV Feature – Darna Chod Do, 2008
- Big Goemkar (Goan of Year) – Big FM, 2009
- Vh1 Top 10 (No.10) – Movies, Music Video 2011
- MTV Europe Music Awards Nominee 2012
- Grammy Nomination Considerations 54th, 55th, 56th, 57th & 58th Grammy Awards. 14. Vh1 Specials Documentary – 2012
- No 1 on Artist Aloud Charts – All I Remember Single 2013
- Reverbnation No.1 (World Music Genre), 2014
- No.1 on N1M Americana Charts (Worldwide) – Single ‘All I Remember’ 2015
- Reverbnation No.1 across UK (Americana Genre), 2015
- No.1 on N1M Soft Rock Charts (Worldwide) – Single ‘Movies’ 2015
- No.1 on N1M Americana Charts (Worldwide) – Single ‘All I Remember’ 2015
- Breaking Music Video on 9XO – New York Single 2016
- iTunes Bestselling Pre Orders List (UK) – Devil in Blue Jeans 31 August 2017
- No.1 on iTunes Top 100 Charts Turkey – 22 Nov 2018 (Song: Walk up and Kiss you)
- No.1 on iTunes Top 10 Rock Singles Turkey – 24 November 2018 (Song: New York)
- No.2 on Album Charts (Rock) iTunes Mexico – 29 November 2018
- No.14 on Album Charts (Top 100) iTunes Mexico – 29 November 2018
- Gold Award for New York in Best Music Video at International Independent Film Awards – Dec 2018
- Gold Award for New York in Best Original Song at International Independent Film Awards – Dec 2018
- Billboard World Singles Charts #6 for Doing That (Time. Love. Happiness) – June 2019
- Billboard Blues Album Charts #8 for Devil is Back – Aug 2020
- Billboard Blues Album Charts # 14 for Garage Sessions, Vol.1 – Aug 2021
- Winner at Swedish International Film Festival (Doing That, Best Music Video) – Sep 2021
- Christmas Day No.1 on the iTunes UK Blues Charts with Everyday Will Be Like A Holiday – Dec 2021
- No. 1 on the iTunes US and iTunes UK easy listening charts with Blues Dance (Worldbeat) – Jan 2022