Shekar Basha is an Indian radio station personality on Huge FM 92.7 Hyderabad. He is the main radio station personality in India to have won the Greatness in Radio Honor multiple times, the Most recent being India radio discussion’s “RJ of the year 2019”, India’s most esteemed grant for a radio station personality. Furthermore, according to a study directed by The Hours of India (TOI) distributed on 18 May 2018, He is one of the “main 10 Most Positive Men on TV”. Furthermore, TOI quotes him as “The first radio master who won lots of adulation for his particular kind of infotainment, Shekar has demonstrated he’s the undisputed ruler of amusement with his similarly effective stretch on television”. As a VJ, he got Best Video Rider of the year 2016 from Padma Mohana grants held at Ravindra Bharathi, Hyderabad on 23 August 2016.
Early phase (2005–2007)
Basha began his profession as a video jockey in Gemini Music, an Indian Telugu music channel, on 10 April 2005. He facilitated in excess of 3,000 live shows on a similar channel, however he got recognition for his part in Hey Bujji, a children topic based Network program, and SundayHum-Sandeham, a live satire show in view of Master Sishyatheme.
In November 2006 he joined Red FM 93.5 (then S FM). He facilitated “Thellarindoy Mom” (Breakfast Show) and “Guroo Hoja Shuro” (Evening Band). The last option won “The Best Program of the Year-2007” Grant at India Radio Gathering. He additionally presented the expression “kevvu keka” to the business. It turned out to be well known to the point that the two movies and television programs were named after it, and verses of film’s tunes (Pawan Kalyan’s Gabbar Singh, Allari Naresh’s film named Kevvu Keka ) and their exchange.
In August 2007 Shekar moved from Red FM 93.5 to Enormous FM. There he assumed responsibility for the show “Enormous Sandadi” which was up to that point facilitated by an exceptionally famous Telugu television anchor and film entertainer Jhansi (television anchor). On 27 May 2008 a similar show was named the Best Public broadcast of the Year by IRF. Shekar has a propensity for saying “Blissful mornings” rather than “Hello”, which got on rapidly with the audience members. Thus, in 2009 the program was renamed as “Cheerful Mornings”. After the arrangement of the province of Telangana in 2015, a similar show “Blissful mornings” was renamed as “Sallaam Telangana” mirroring the pride of the state, and the show was granted the “best breakfast show (Telugu) 2017”. Notwithstanding radio and video maneuvering, Shekar additionally delivered grant winning promotions and Humor container sparklers which incorporate the radio humor cases “Kotigadu and Raogaru”, BigBaba, Sangeetham Mastar, Google Gurooji, Anandam Paramaanandam.
Awards and Records
Shekar has the record of winning the highest number of India Radio Forum awards with a total of 18 awards from 2007 to 2019.
His other awards include:
- Best Video Jockey – 2016 for his show “F-club” in Gemini Music.
- Santhosham Cine Magazine’s “Best Radio Jockey for 2014”.
- Young Communicator Award for 2010 from International School of Business Management.
He was trained at MICA (institute) i.e., Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmadabad in radio jockeying.
As of August 2018 Shekar has hosted Four marathon radio jockeying feats:
- 92.7 hrs non-stop, the first stunt of its kind in Telugu radio, in September 2007, which created huge buzz in the city and helped radio as a whole to grow in Hyderabad.
- 100 hours on-wheels, from 12 to 16 August 2008, live on-air from a mobile studio in an attempt to achieve the feat of non-stop radio jockeying, towards peace in the city and with a purpose to highlight the importance of all to stay together and support each other in times of high alert where society is being challenged constantly by people wanting to wreak havoc.
- 106 hrs on-wheels, from 7am on 26 January 2016 to 5pm on 30 January 2016, with a purpose to highlight the importance of using mobile Internet.
- 72 hrs non-stop Rjing from 13 August 2018 7am to 16 August 2018 7am to raise awareness on the effects of using disposable plastic products.
Shekar made his introduction as an entertainer with the film “Welcome Obama”, coordinated by veteran chief Singeetam Srinivasa Rao. He additionally coordinated the film “Vethika nenu naa ishtamga”. He had likewise gone about as a chief in the film Panchamukhi coordinated by Challa Bhanu Kiran, which was delivered in 2014.
- Welcome Obama (2013) as Subramanyam (son-in-law & purohit)
- Vethika Nenu Naa Ishtamga (2014) as Basha bhai (Don)
- Pancha Mukhi (2014) as Aspiring Director
- Naa… Nuvve (2018) as RJ
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter