Sidhu Moosewala Killing: Punjabi singer and Congress leader Sidhu Moosewala was shot dead at Mansa district on 29 May 2022,Sunday. According to the reports, two other people were also injured in the firing. The incident happened just a day after the Bhagwant Mann-led Punjab government withdrew the security of Moosewala and 424 others. The attack took place when Moosewala and two of his friends were driving to their village Mansa in Punjab.
Moose Wala had contested the Assembly polls on a Congress ticket from Mansa. He was defeated by AAP’s Dr Vijay Singla with a margin of 63,323 votes. Hailing from Moosa, a village in Mansa district, Moose Wala had joined the Congress amid much fanfare in November last year. With Congress granting him ticket from Mansa Assembly constituency, then sitting Mansa MLA, Nazar Singh Manshahia, had revolted against the party saying that he would oppose the candidature of the controversial singer.
Some important points to notice here
- Canada-based gangster Goldy Brar, a close aide of gang leader Lawrence Bishnoi, has claimed responsibility for Sidhu Moosewala’s murder.
- The murder of Sidhu Moose Wala is unfortunate, I just spoke to Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann. Perpetrators will be given strict punishment. I urge everyone to maintain calm and peace”, tweets Delhi CM & AAP national convenor Arvind Kejriwal
- “Shocked to learn about the killing of young Punjabi singer Sidhu Moosewala. My sympathies with his family & friends. Those responsible must be arrested without delay. This exhibits an abject breakdown of law & order in Punjab,” tweets SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal
- “I am shocked and deeply saddened by the gruesome murder of Sidhu Moosewala. Nobody involved will be spared. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and his fans across the world. I appeal everyone to stay calm”: Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann
- Other than that Bollywood celebrities including Ajay Devgan,Shikhar Dhawan and Kapil Sharma have also shown their respect to the Late artist.
- Moosewala, who was popular in the rural belts of the state, was among the 424 VIPs who lost their security cover yesterday
- “Arvind Kejriwal, Bhagwant Mann and their dirty politics are responsible for the murder of Sidhu Moosewal: Manjinder Singh Sirsa, BJP Leader, tells NDTV
- Former ministers Manpreet Singh Badal, Raj Kumar Verka, Bharat Bhushan Ashu and the family of former Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi were among those who lost their security cover.
- AAP has a lot to answer. They tinkered with Moose Wala’s security just for some cheap publicity: Sunil Jakhar tells a private news channel